Wednesday I sanded and varnished the vanity and cut the porcelain tile for the top. Wednesday afternoon I started feeling sick. I'm not sure why it might have been the cedar dust from sanding the vanity (they say cedar dust is really bad for you), or the very strong fumes from the varnish. Maybe it was none of the above but I had a fever and the chills. I slept for n hour and a half that afternoon and then felt a little better but I was definitely not back to normal yet.
Wednesday evening James, Nelly and I were standing under the bathroom that I have been working on and James happened to look up and there was a big wet spot on the ceiling. I had installed the toilet that morning and I had flushed it a couple times and some of the plumbing was leaking. I couldn’t figure it out I had poured a few buckets of water down the drain before I poured the floor to make sure nothing was leaking and it all looked fine.
Thursday morning we felt like we were being tested to see how much patience we had. Having had to rip up a finished tile floor twice all ready in the other bathroom it wasn't really anything new. I started pulling up the tiles, broke up the concrete cleaned around the pipes and then flushed the toilet to see if there were any leaks. There weren’t any leaks not even a drop. I was glad to fine out that it wasn't something wrong with my plumbing joints. We figured the only place that it could be leaking is in the pipe that goes down through the floor. I cut some of my pipes out and then looked down the pipe and about six inches down there was a seam. They had tried to join two pieces of pipe together we could see that the two pipes weren't inline and we knew that is where it had to be leaking. I chiseled away for a while and pulled the first piece of pipe out. Twenty five years ago when they built this house they had pvc pipe but not many fittings. They didn't have any regular straight connectors for joining two pipes so they took a four inch piece cut it down the side stretched it around the seam put some tar on it and twisted some wire around it. I must have loosened it a little and it just started leaking after I put the new plumbing in. Thankfully by noon the repair was done and the concrete was repoured.
This afternoon James and I went up to
Well I think this has gone on long enough. Oh an update on