Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Marika

It is my oldest niece's birthday today and she is turning five. I am sorry this is my fifth post in a row without any pictures. Maybe some of you are like me I don't like reading a book unless it has lot of pictures. (Well I used to be that way maybe not so much anymore, I'm still not a big reader though.)

I guess I didn't freeze today because I am able to blog. I think my boss was colder then I was, but that is probably because I dressed up like someone going on an expedition to the North Pole. I sure was warm even though I did look a little like a snow man.

Thanks so much for your prayers, it seems like I might finally be getting my tickets booked for flying with in Mozambique. The Wilcox’s have offered to book them from their end and also get me a place to sleep during my 22 hour layover in Maputo, Mozambique. I will have been traveling for two days by the time I arrive there, with still one more day to go.

Some of you are probably thinking that I just have it made getting to travel all over the place and see different countries and try to new foods. Your right I am blessed but I would like it much better if I could just be emailed or faxed to these place, because sitting on planes for hours and then waiting in airports, is really exciting, for about the first three times. Please don't get me wrong I am so thankful for the opportunities God gives me and if it means I have to sit in airplanes and airports for hours and hours I am all for it, but it might not be as fun as some might think.

I am really looking forward to going to Mozambique even though I do have that length of travel time. I should probably be looking at it as having many opportunities to share Christ. I will always be around people they will be seeing the way I act and hearing the words I speak, so maybe you could pray that I would be sensitive to the people whose hearts the Lord has been stirring and that I would have the words to speak as He gives the opportunity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Andrew,

Thanks for the birthday phone message - sorry, we were out celebrating with some fine dining and recreation and the Golden Arches and Play Place! Happy early B'Day to you too!

Love, Marika