Friday I had my patience tested again as I laid the tile in the shower. They are one inch square tiles and about 130 glued to a mesh about a foot square. They are very difficult to lay as I found out, this being my first time laying them. They tend to end up quite wavy and hard to level and I wasn't laying them on a level floor because the shower floor slopes in all directions to the drain. Anyways it took me about three hours to lay 2 sq meters, which is a long time for that amount of tile. I also relay the tiles I had to pull up to fix the plumbing. It is really starting to look like this bathroom is almost done.
Saturday was a wonderful day, because I cut the last few pieces of tile for the bathroom and now I am officially done tile setting. Unless I put a tile back splash in the kitchen, there are roams of such, but that won’t be for a little while yet. I cleaned the tile saw and got it all put away. I had been cutting all the tiles out on the balcony off of James and Nelly's room and there was a big mess there and I got that all cleaned up. While I was doing these things James and his brother were planning all the cedar boards that we are going to make the kitchen cupboard doors out of.
Shortly before lunch we started cutting, routering and sanding the boards for the doors. We are making flat panel doors because raised panels will take a lot more wood, cost a lot more and more work too. Not that we mind working or anything but…. By 11:30pm we had eleven doors made, sanded and glued together, two for the bathroom vanity and half the kitchen cupboard doors. We hadn't expected to get that far our first day working on them.
Sunday mornings we are out of here by 8 or before. We normally all go in the bus together but these days we have been taking a car just in case Nelly decides she is going to have her baby. She is due anytime now.
If you remember we just got the bus back from the shop on Thursday. Well it just made it back up to