Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Thumb Accident

Sunday we had a good time of fellowship with the few Christians that get together at our house. We got talking about why the Lord allows difficulties in our lives. We were also thinking about the many Christians around the world who face persecution on a daily bases. 2 Ti 3:12 All that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. This is something that if we haven't already faced we are going to. It comes in many different ways not always just physical, nor does it just come from the unsaved. Let's be prepared.

Monday I was back working at my boss's house laying hard wood. I did the entire second bedroom and half of the last one. It was a tiring day but John's wife made it have a good ending when she invited me to stay for a Roast beef dinner. They also wanted to see some of my pictures from Mexico. I had a good time with there family. I am so thankful that I have such a good relationship with my boss.

Today I went back to finish the hard wood. It was all going very well till I went to rip the very last piece of wood on the table saw. What do you think happened? Drum Roll. No, I still have all of my fingers attached to my hands thankfully, if you thought I cut one off. Ok, ok I was just finishing ripping the piece of wood (If you don't know ripping is done when you are cutting a board with the grain rather then across it.) and I guess I wasn't holding it very well and the saw blade grabbed it and shot it back towards me and it hit my right thumb. The piece was about two feet long and it was a very hard hit. At first I thought I might have broken it but I could still move it quite well with little pain. As the day went on I had less and less movement because of the swelling.

After I got home from work I thought I should go to the doctor and just get it checked because I leave for Mozambique in two weeks and I wanted to make sure that I was going to have two good hands to work with. I went to a walk-in clinic and after an hour and a half I got to see the doc. He checked my thumb all over and figures it is just bruised, so I am hoping he is right. I have to do a few more things with my left hand, then normal.

On my way home from the doc I called my boss to give him an update on my thumb and he was telling me that he is wanting to go to Ireland for ten days and asked if I could find him a cheap flight. Work is kind of slow right now so he figures this is the best time to go. I am not sure what I will do if he leaves, but I usually have plenty to keep me busy.

2 comments:

Holly Hunter said...

OUCH. Sounds like something I would do to my thumb...haha...glad to hear it is ok though.

That is AWESOME about you boss going to Ireland! You should check Aer Lingus, they have had some really good deals lately (Ive been checking for my ticket). I flew with them the first time I went.

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew, I noticed you changed your profile picture. Which one of you is the cute orphan in Uganda? Just kidding! Hope you're having fun at home, and if you get too bored, you can always come over here!
Love Mark and Rebekah