Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Fun Begins

Well my plans would have had me on my way to Africa right now, but I guess that is not what God had in mind. Because of bad weather we were late getting into Atlanta which made me miss my flight by 45 minutes. I didn't have the best attitude right away, but pretty quickly I remembered that God always has a plan for what He allows.

Delta gave me a voucher for a discount at the Red Roof Inn. I thought about spending the 24 hours in the airport, because my flight doesn't leave till tomorrow at 5pm and I will now be traveling for probably another five days. I came over to the hotel got checked in and then I had to come down and sit in the lobby to use the wireless Internet. While I was making some calls and sending some emails, a man was talking to two ladies about needing to make a phone call to Germany. I was going to let them use my computer and use skype, but they had just been able to call. I got talking to them a little and they were just heading out to Ruby Tuesday's for supper and they invited me to come along. All three of them had missed their flights as well. So Cesar, Alice and Veronica and I went out for supper together. Alice is Veronica's daughter and they are headed to Germany, Cesar is going to Columbia and I am headed for Mozambique. We had a great time I found out that Alice and Veronica are Christians and we had a good decision about the Lord over supper. I wished I would have had my camera at the restaurant I would have taken a picture but it was back in my room.

Please pray that I will be able to get in touch with the people who are supposed to be meeting me in Johannesburg and in Maputo to let them know I will be a day late. There is a good possibility that I will be staying in Maputo for two or three days instead of 22 hours. I think God meant for me to meet Cesar, Alice and Veronica and I am excited to see what else He has in store.

I had better get to bed and make sure I get a good nights sleep because who knows when I will get another one. Let the Adventure continue.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Looks like you might get your week of travel after all! Keep up the good work! Praying for ya.