Saturday, November 17, 2012

Beginning to recap the last few months...

Since our wedding in June, it has been a busy 5 months... Andrew has given me permission to take over... oh, I mean, update... his blog, so I will try to briefly update on the happenings with some pictures interspersed =)

Following our honeymoon, I had a few days off of work so that we could get settled in a bit.  Once I started back working, Andrew was largely working to finish in my parents' kitchen.  One of these days I will post pictures of the completed project!

At the end of June, my sister Laurel and (then) future sister-in-law Brittany made the drive to Chattanooga, TN for a fun girls' weekend with my other (then) future-in-law Sarah!  Completely unplanned, but somehow the 3 of us traveling together all matched =)
Laurel, myself, Brittany
We had a fun, relaxed evening with Sarah, her maid of honor Becca, and the party hostess, Lisa.  The following morning was a fun pajama party brunch and shower for the bride-to-be!  

The pretty decor...

Sarah =)
Such a fun time!  The day continued with a trip out on Sarah's parents' sail boat.  But it was a hot, still afternoon, so we motored out into the middle of the river and jumped in for a swim =)  Great time together that ended all too shortly as we had to get back to SC that evening...

~July 4th ~

Downtown Greenville waiting on the fireworks display atop a building that will go unnamed.... let's just say it has to be one of the easiest accessed and best unoccupied spots downtown with a fabulous view =)  
My sister, Allene, and her kiddos, my parents, and us
A few weeks later it was wedding time again for my family as my brother Will and Sarah got married on July 21st!  Andrew and I left early Saturday morning and drove the "mountain route" (instead of through Atlanta) to Chattanooga.  Beautiful drive and made it to Chattanooga in plenty of time for the wedding day luncheon.

The weather in Chattanooga was SO wet.  We took a drive up Signal Mountain to the wedding location before lunch and pictures don't do justice to the magnitude of water flooding the road, gushing down the sides of the road, and pouring off the sides of the mountain!  
Before needing to get ready for the wedding, Andrew and I went for a quick run.... sightseeing at the same time...
Walnut Street Bridge

Market Street Bridge from the Walnut Street Bridge
 The weather was a little temperamental, but we ran across the Walnut Street Bridge and through Coolidge Park on the opposite side.  Beautiful park!  Wish we could have had more time... they had set up one of the bridge support towers as a climbing wall... so cool, but we were Very out of time =(
Walnut St. Bridge from Coolidge Park
While the rains did stop before the wedding that evening, the ceremony was moved indoors and went beautifully.  Sadly, I really did not take pictures, but here is one of my immediate family.
From Chattanooga, We headed south to Florida for a visit with Andrew's sister Joia and her family!  Will save that for a different post...


The Woodfords said...

Yay for an update!!! =) Great to hear from you, and love the pics of your time away.
Love you both,

Bruce Woodford said...

Thanks for the update and all the pics!

Lots of love,
Dad W