Saturday, June 13, 2009

News from Lichinga

Greetings,

 

It has been another great week.  I am so thankful for the wonderful news I wrote about it my last email but I am also so thankful for the strength the Lord has given me this past week. It has been a hard week as I have been plastering the walls in the admin building.  Most of the days I have had someone working with me and helping to mix the plaster, we have used over 100 wheelbarrow loads of plaster.  We are getting close to having the inside done maybe two or three days left to finish.  By then I will be ready to do a different kind of work.  God has really blessed whatever I have put my hand to.  I was not looking forward to the plastering and was hoping that someone else would do it but God wanted me to and so I was willing. 

 

I was just sharing with a few of the Mozambiquian brothers the other night about what it means to be in Christ and for Him to live in us. Once we are in Christ then He wants to live His life out through us, but He can only do it as we allow Him. It has been a joy to see what God can do when I surrender to Him.  God is a really good plasterer but He just wanted a pair of willing hands to work through.  

 

I know He has no problem speaking Portuguese either so I am going to offer my lips to Him and allow Him to speak through me.  Lord willing I will return here and continue to work on many construction projects but I want to be involved in other types of ministry, like working in the prison and hospital so I need to learn to speak Portuguese. Please pray for me that I will be able to take sufficient time to study Portuguese and that I would be speaking fluently as soon as possibly.  I feel so bad when I go to the market and can't communicate properly, I meet people and can't speak there language and work with some of the Mozambiquian brothers and can't really explain myself I need to learn this language.  It seems like a very daunting task for some who only speaks one language, but Lord I am willing.

 

I have one week and two days left here in Mozambique.  It is hard to believe that my time here is almost up for now. It will be hard to leave in one way but a great joy to get to come back to Canada and see friends and family again.


Blessings  Andrew

No comments: