Thursday, December 18, 2008

Monday James, Tim and I went to El Cora a small town about an hour and a half from here. There is a gospel outreach there and they have gospel meetings Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings. James and Tim both spoke. They meet in a little house made of mud bricks. There were about 20 people out. The way of life is very simple and laid back in El Cora. The drive there is very beautiful if you can stomach the road which has many hair pin curves. There are rolling hills covered with Mango orchards, that words cannot describe. I would have taken pictures but I left my camera at the house. These two pictures I did get I took with my cell phone sorry about the poor quality.

The mud brick building.

Tim preaching, this was just the third time he has preached since being in Mexico, because he is still working on getting a good grasp of the language.

Wednesday afternoon we all went up to Tepic. We went to Burger King for lunch and then went to a large park. It was very nice with lots of things for the kids to do, like slides, swings and a fair few different real animals to look at.

Andrew & Simon
This monkey was really enjoying himself by just swing by one arm and his tail and then he would keep himself swing by pushing with his feet on the ground every once and a while.

Andrew flying a helicopter

Kyla & Tim enjoying a stroll in the park.

I can still hardly believe she is walking.

Shaelyn wanted to ride on every animal in the park.


Simon, Levi and Andrew with Bigfoot

Kyla, Shaelyn and Mika riding on Aslan



I have just agree to watch the boys while James, Nelly and Natalia go to Tepic to get some supplies for the burger stand for the next week while we are gone to Veracruz. I hope I haven't got myself in to deep here. I am sure all of us boys will have a great time while they are gone and hopefully the house isn't in too big of a mess when they get back.

We are getting packed up, because Lord willing we will be leaving early Saturday morning on a 16 hour trip to Veracruz. We will do it in two days. We will be joining a group of about 180 people there from Mexico, U.S. and Canada. We will be delivering Seed Sowers.

This is what the Seed Sower looks like. It has John 3:16 on it.
I think there are about 150,000 to be delivered so we will have a busy four or five days to get that done. Albert Nelly's brother is going to fly into Veracruz on Wednesday the 24th and help with the delivery for the last two days and then come back here to Santiago with us and stay here till Jan 8 when we will both fly back home.

The boys have just informed me that they are playing Mom and Dad. Simon is the mom, Andrew is the dad and Levi is the brother. Oh they have just informed me that I need to get off the computer and be the dad and Andrew and Levi will be the boys. I guess I had better go then and take care of my "family."

No comments: