Saturday, April 26, 2008

I am Home

Well I am back in the great country of Canada. I arrived home just before 11pm on Thursday. When I arrived into Detroit neither of my bags were there. I filed a claim and they said they would deliver them when they came. Friday I took it easy and didn't do too much. I did go and meet up with my boss for a little while just so say hi and see what work he has lined up. I spent sometime in the afternoon trying to get some of my pictures sorted out and tried to get some together to show to people. I have way too many to sort through. In the evening I played some soccer with some friends. I hadn't played in many months and I was pretty sore afterwards.

Dad's back has been quite sore the last couple days so I went to work this morning for him. He works for a company that does tree removal. I only work for part of the morning . This afternoon by bags were delivered. I thought it was nice of them to deliver them right to my door. They flew the bags up to London, Ontario and then drove them over from there. Thankfully everything arrived well and nothing was broken.

Here is an update on my future plans. I had asked for prayer partners for going to India this summer with Teen Missions. I would still appreciate your prayers but they don't need me to lead that team anymore because there aren't enough team members and to many leaders. Lord willing I think I will be staying home and not going with Teen Missions this summer like I have for the past seven summers. My oldest brother Tim and his wife Stephanie are going to Mexico as missionaries in September so our family is planning on getting together for a week at a cottage at the end of June and I want to be here for that.

While I was still in Mozambique I got a call from a friend in Hungary and he asked if I would consider coming there for three weeks and help replace some windows in his church and do some drywalling. If I go it would be the last two weeks of May and the first part of June. I would appreciate your prayers that I would know the Lord's will in this.

Thank you so much for standing with me. Thanks to those of you who have sent me words of encouragement. Please feel free to let me know how I can pray for you.

No comments: